Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico
13 - 19 October 2019
We are thankful for:
- the cultures and foods distinctive here, yet enjoyed around the world
- indigenous and other groups who have resisted injustice and human rights violations
- church leaders who have spoken out and acted on behalf of the poor and marginalized
- developments that improve life for all, while also caring for the environment.
We pray for:
- stable, democratically elected governments committed to the peace and wellbeing of all
- comfort and healing for the families and loved ones of those who have been killed or disappeared, and for those responsible to be brought to justice
- stopping corruption, drug traffic, and violence, and those who profit from such activities
- improved economic life and trade policies so that people will not be exploited and can pursue livelihoods in these countries rather than migrating elsewhere for work.